OPOS meal
taken from OPOS school
A day when I enter kitchen to start lunch prep, it's a mini pool. Some plumbing issue and kitchen floor is full of water.
The more I mop, sweep and clean, the next moment I find water coming again!!
The more I mop, sweep and clean, the next moment I find water coming again!!
But for OPOS, I wouldn't have stepped into the kitchen for cooking on a gloomy day.
In 5 ltrs PC, had kept rice and Dal while making breakfast.
Took my 2 ltr PC. One TSP coconut oil on side, one TSP ghee on the other 3 TSP water in common. Kootu in one side and rasam on the other
Kootu side
Layer 1: coconut oil
Layer 2: 1/2 cup chopped cabbage+carrot mix
Layer 3: 2tsp Parupu podi+1tsp idly podi
Layer 4: 2tbsp cooked dal+salt
Layer 1: coconut oil
Layer 2: 1/2 cup chopped cabbage+carrot mix
Layer 3: 2tsp Parupu podi+1tsp idly podi
Layer 4: 2tbsp cooked dal+salt
Rasam side
Layer 1: ghee
Layer 2: two medium size chopped tomatoes
Layer 3: cooked dal
Layer 4: salt+1/2 TSP rasam powder+hing
Layer 1: ghee
Layer 2: two medium size chopped tomatoes
Layer 3: cooked dal
Layer 4: salt+1/2 TSP rasam powder+hing
Finally, in a pot, chopped potatoes+salt+spices+2 TSP oil
Placed the pot on top of rasam and kootu layer.
900w,2 whistles. Pressure settled.
The potatoes went into pan for some crunchiness
The kootu went into that bowl ,added 3tbsp hot water.
The rasam went into that vessel, added 1cup hot water.
The kootu went into that bowl ,added 3tbsp hot water.
The rasam went into that vessel, added 1cup hot water.
Tadka for both rasam and kootu in the same potato pan after transferring the potatoes.
1cooker, 1pan (completely optional),3 dishes!!
Ran out of the kitchen in 15 mins flat! (Including chopping,pan frying,tadka-ing)
Comments
Post a Comment